How to get to us:
We are located approximately 30 minutes north of Radium and 30 minutes south of Golden. Most of our clients fly to Cranbrook, BC, where they are picked up at the airport by us and taken to the territory (at no extra cost) which is approximately a 2.5 hour drive away. Also some prefer to fly to Kalispel, Montana or Calgary, Alberta and rent a car and drive to Radium where we can meet up with them as well.
What you’ll need to cross the Border:
Coming into Canada is typically not a problem for clients coming to hunt in BC. The Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) recommends that you have proof of your reason for travelling to Canada and to have your passport with you.
- Booking contract
- Deposit/fees paid
- Accommodations/Flights booked
- Form 5589 Non – Resident Firearm Declaration (do not sign the form prior to getting to the border as it must be signed in the presence of a CBSA agent), this can be obtained from GOABC or from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
If you are an American you’ll also want to fill out US Customs Form 4457 prior to entering Canada. This declares that you have owned your firearms before coming to Canada, and will prevent you having to pay duty on them when you return to the United States.
What to bring:
- Rifle or Bow plus 2-3 boxes of ammunition
- Adequate hunting clothing for various weather conditions from hot/dry to cold and wet temperatures (2-4 sets in case they get wet)
- Hiking boots (make sure these are worked in before your hunt)/Gaiters
- Sleeping bag
- Day pack and larger frame pack is recommended for backpack hunts
- Flash light with spare batteries
- Camp shoes
- Personal toiletry/towel
- Spotting scope
- Fishing gear